We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and ensuring that your personal data is protected. We therefore make sure that our policies and practices in relation to personal data comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”) under the laws of Malaysia.
Information Collection and Use
Personal Data that may be collected by Kapokdesign
Kapokdesign may collect the following personal information from users of the Website when the user visits the Website, registers, places an order online and etc. The information collected include:
- Name & gender;
- National registration identity card number;
- Race and religious beliefs;
- Postal address & telephone number;
- Email address;
- Salary range;
- Contact preference; and Credit card or bank account information.
- Other personal data relevant to registration and/or provisioning of your account, surveys, promotions and/or other purposes.
In all cases, the details requested via the Website are necessary to provide an optimal service to the user. In cases where the user does not provide the requested details, Kapokdesign cannot guarantee that the information and services provided will fully satisfy their needs.
How does Kapokdesign use my personal data?
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service. In particular, we use the data collected for the following purposes:
- internal database record
- we may use the information to improve our products and services to serve you better
- we may send you promotional messaging via email, eSMS or through other digital marketing channels about new products, special offers or activities that we think you may find interesting from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes; we may use this information to customize the website according to your interests.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Services, in a case of an error in the website we collect data and information on your devices called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
“Cookies” are small files that are stored on your device when accessing our website. They allow us to recognize whether there has been any contact made between us and your end device in the past.